Shop Made Fixtures and Jigs up coming projects

Peter Menningen

Aug 14, 2017, 2:39:41 PM8/14/17
to MauiMakers
There has been discussions about constructing various Jigs and fixtures for our shop to use with some of our power tools.
There are a number of good designs provided by various YouTube content makers for all of the following.

I would like to make these Sunday afternoon in the space projects or possibly all weekend projects if there is a glue-up.

This thread is to discuss what model or design we would like to have to use as a space.

1. The one that has come up the most is a box or finger joint jig for either the router table or table saw.

2. A jointing jig for the table saw to take a curved edge off of a longer piece of warped or curved wood.

3. An adjustable guide for cutting mitered edges along long pieces like box sides.

4. ???

I am collecting quality cutoff from Jobs in P&L Maui of nice plywood and laminated plywood jobs for this and other purposes. they are in 3/4 (18 mm), 1/2 ( 13 mm), or 1/4 ( 5 mm) thickness Not enough for anything big but great for shop projects like this or tool holders for bits and other items for the space.

Please chime in on preferences for the shop. Don't just say we need one but actually say which one and why. Do be prepared to Join Maui Makers, come down and help make one so you can use it on a project.

I not only want to make our shop better but to have it be the best small makerspace shop not only in the state but the country. Pete

Peter Menningen

Aug 18, 2017, 7:59:03 PM8/18/17
to MauiMakers
 Here are some examples that may be made with what we are discussing