CNC SIG

Peter Menningen

Aug 25, 2015, 5:14:31 PM8/25/15
to MauiMakers
The Space will be open tonight for the CNC SIG   We will be working on installing the DeWalt spindle on our Shapeoko as I now have a set of mounts that are suitably strong and solid enough for the task

Pete

Peter Menningen

Aug 25, 2015, 7:20:17 PM8/25/15
to MauiMakers
EDIT tonight is Raspberry PI sig not CNC

Ross Mukai

Aug 25, 2015, 8:48:16 PM8/25/15
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Pi! I'm super stoked I made a little addon for our arduino door with the pi. Gpio to relay to close the magnetic strike and open the door from URL on private network. Gpio is controlled by wiringpi and php, it was a super simple
gpio -g mode 6 out

<?php
exec("gpio -g write 6 1");
sleep(3);
exec("gpio -g write 6 0");
?>

It's not opto-isolated but super handy and fun to play with for low voltage stuff. Planning to use this circuit to drive stack lights, probably using an embedded atmega to keep the cost down.
Costs about $1 or so worth of components
image1.JPG
image2.JPG