Matt At The Podcast and New Media Expo 2007

mwsmedia

Sep 23, 2007, 10:01:06 PM9/23/07
to Matt Selznick / MWS Media News
Hello there!

I want to let you know I'll be at the Podcast and New Media Expo in
Ontario, California September 28 - 30. This yearly event is the
largest gathering of podcasters, vidcasters, and other new media
creators in the world! I haven't missed one yet, and I'm really
looking forward to it.
http://www.newmediaexpo.com

Registration for the Expo Hall and Keynote Addresses is free.
Registration to the full conference, including all panels, is
$299.00. You can register here:
http://www.newmediaexpo.com/register.php

In addition to attending panels, exploring the Expo show floor, and
meeting folks, I'll be participating in the Expo as a guest. Here are
my official scheduled appearances:

-- Saturday, September 29, 12:00 - 12:30 PM --
Find me on the Expo floor at booth 617, where I'll be autographing
copies of my book "Brave Men Run - A Novel of the Sovereign Era." I'm
really looking forward to meeting folks who've enjoyed the book in any
of its forms -- podcast, paperback, e-book, or MP3 Audio CD! A
limited number of copies of the paperback will be available for
purchase at the booth. THIS EVENT IS FREE.

-- Saturday, September 29, 2:00 - 3:00 PM --
Veterans of the Yahoo! Podcasting Board: What We've Learned These Past
Two Years
Join me, Stephen Eley, Evo Terra, Michael W. Dean, and Ed Vawter in
Ballroom B. From the official program:
New content creators will be able to shave two years off of their
learning curve by listening to these panelists. Each of them has
started their podcast from scratch and tried hundreds of things to
deliver their message, grow their audience and promote their shows.
The panelists will also cover the rewards of podcasting, whether it's
money for sponsorship, increased influence in their industry, or
simply developing their reputation as a community expert. Finally,
they'll discuss how they stay motivated week after week, producing
fresh content and keep from "podfading." THIS EVENT REQUIRES FULL
REGISTRATION.

-- Sunday, September 30, 12:30 - 1:00 PM --
Find me on the Expo floor at booth 607, the L.A. Podcasters Booth,
where I'll host a Writer's Panel with guests Evo Terra, Mur Lafferty,
and Larry Winfield. We'll get each writer's opinion on how podcasting
has affected their careers for the better, including their favorite
anecdote as a writer / podcaster. This panel will likely be included
in a future episode of Writers Talking. THIS EVENT IS FREE.

Additionally, I plan to attend the PodCampSoCal the day before the
official PNME, Thursday, September 27. This "unconference" will take
place at the Ontario Convention Center in Ballroom C from 10:00 AM -
5:00 PM. I plan to discuss repurposing the written word for
podcasting. THIS EVENT IS FREE.
http://podcamp.pbwiki.com/PodcampSoCal

A big part of the PNME is networking -- meeting people, getting re-
acquainted with podcasters, and seeing old friends. You'll find me
hanging out on the patio and in the bar of the Marriott across the
street from the Expo after hours, as well as at some of the parties
held in suites at the Marriott and Doubletree hotels adjacent to the
Convention Center. Please -- don't hesitate to say hello!

I'm really looking forward the event. I'll write a full report /
retrospective on my return -- look for it in my blog, Scribtotum, on
the mattselznick.com site:
http://www.mattselznick.com/scribtotum/

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate your sticking with me through
the move to this new mailing list solution hosted by Google Groups.
You're one of the die-hards! I love ya!