A Special Offer For Subscribers and A Virtual House Concert!

Matthew Wayne Selznick

Jan 6, 2009, 1:26:50 AM1/6/09
to Matt Selznick / MWS Media News
Hey there gang!

Before anything: Welcome, welcome welcome to all the folks who're new
to this little, occasional, email missive. I'm happy you're here! I
send an email to this list once a month on average, and it's one-way,
so you won't be flooded with replies and discussion threads. If you
want to contact me, feel free to do it directly: mwsel...@gmail.com.

*****Something To Thank You For Subscribing*****
Since I'm pleased as punch and very grateful that you let me into your
inbox now and then, I thought I'd try something that adds a little
value for you. Now and then, I'll offer something special just to
members of this list. It might be a discount on my latest creative
endeavor, or some free content only you can access, or access to
something before the rest of the world.

That last one is the case this time!

*****Web Hosting For DIY, Independent Creative People*****
For years, I offered inexpensive web hosting to do-it-yourself,
independent creators. Back in October of 2007, when my day job and a
three-hour commute had me up to my eyeballs, I stopped offering new
accounts and let existing clients know the entire thing would be shut
down in October of 2008.

Little did I know I'd be out of work at the end of October 2008, and
that I'd suddenly have time to dedicate to this service.

So. I'm doing it again: offering inexpensive web hosting to
independent creative people. Since the number of web hosting accounts
I can offer is very limited, I'm letting you guys in on it before I
tell the world at large. From January 5 through January 9, 2009, the
members of this list have exclusive access to this page:
http://www.mattselznick.com/about-mws/services/web-hosting/

It's protected by a password. That password is:
secretoffer

If you're an independent creative person, please check it out -- alll
the details are on the page. The short version? Web hosting with ftp
access, unlimited e-mail accounts and two databases starting at
$50.00 / year or $5.00 / month.

(In my best TV announcer voice)

But wait! This web hosting offer is unlike any other! If you
subscribe for web hosting at the yearly rate, you also get... Matthew
Wayne Selznick!

(Back to my normal voice)

What does this mean?

I'm offering my consulting services to yearly web host subscribers at
a huge, huge discount: 75% off my regular rates for as long as you're
a yearly web host subscriber in good standing. To put that in
perspective: my normal rate is $80.00 / hour. You get me for
$20.00 / hour.

Some of the services I provide:

* Story consultation and editing
* Social media advice, outreach and promotion
* WordPress installation and template customization
* Podcast consultation, production and editing
* Voice-over, dramatic reading and voice acting
* Something else I can do for you?

I know of no other hosting provider that offers 75% off the services
of a real live human being. I thought I'd be the first.

Now, one of the reasons I'm offering this to you guys first is that I
don't have an unlimited number of accounts I can host. Depending on
who buys what, I can host 30 - 50 sites, maybe fewer. The last time I
offered hosting, I had over fifty clients... and they weren't getting
the break on my consultation services. Not to descend to hyperbole,
but these might go fast. On January 10, word goes out to the whole
world.

Full details:
http://www.mattselznick.com/about-mws/services/web-hosting/

Check it out!

*****A Virtual Concert From My Living Room To You*****
In November, a friend of mine offered me the use of his acoustic
guitar because I expressed an interest in getting back to writing,
playing and performing music. I feel like I need to act on his
generosity in an appropriate way... so:

On Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM Pacific time, I'm putting on my
first full public performance since 2004!

This gig has the potential to be my largest one as a solo performer,
too, because the venue is my living room... and anyone with an
Internet connection can attend. I'll be broadcasting the show live
via streaming video through uStream.tv -- it's literally from my house
to wherever you happen to be.

The show is free, but in the grand tradition of coffeehouse gigs, I
will have a tip jar set up. Anyone who donates $20.00 or more the day
of the show will get high-quality MP3 recordings of every original
song I perform during the gig... at least a dozen songs!

uStream has a built-in dedicated chat room for every streaming video,
so while I won't be able to hear any applause (assuming there are any)
I will be able to follow your comments and conversation in the chat.

Please check out http://www.mattselznick.com/rocks for all the
details, and to see a little promotional video I made for the event.
I'll see you there, I hope!

*****As Always, Thank You*****
I'm very grateful to everyone who's on this e-mail list -- after all,
it's one thing to visit my website or subscribe to my blog... you
folks let me into your e-mail in-box, and I appreciate that. It's
pretty nice here!

Of course, these missives are reserved for big events and big news.
If you want to keep up with the everyday stuff, make sure you're
subscribed to receive my blog, Scribtotum, in your feed reader.
http://feedproxy.google.com/scribtotum

Also -- feel free to connect with me on the various social networks!
A partial list of the ones I belong to (I spend most of my attention
on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) is here:
http://www.mattselznick.com/social-networks/

Keep on keepin' on!

Matthew Wayne Selznick
http://www.mattselznick.com