Wiki: using or not using apostrophes

Doug P.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:49:24 AM8/17/16
to MathJax Users
I'm browsing around the wiki looking for editing marks—strikethroughs and such. I noticed many wiki documentation examples using apostrophes to indicate plurals instead of adding a terminal "s",and wanted to engage in its discussion with the community.

I looked for a "Contact Us" link, but found none. I was directed to this user forum. I've read the FAQ, but I found nothing in the forum on apostrophes.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This link:

http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/misc/mathjax-in-use.html

points to a page which has an example of a section title that uses an apostrophe to indicate the plural of a singular Wiki:

Q&A, Forums, Wiki’s

which seems non-standard.

What's the standard for plurals on the MathJax Wiki? IMHO,

Wiki's

is non-standard, while

Wikis

is as easily understood as a plural form, just as easily as the word

Forums

is known to be the plural of

Forum

Regards,

—DP

Peter Krautzberger

Aug 17, 2016, 11:53:42 AM8/17/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi DP,

Thanks for catching this; it has been fixed.

Bugs for the documentation are filed best on the issue tracker at https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax-docs/issues.

Regards,
Peter.

Doug P.

Aug 17, 2016, 11:56:29 AM8/17/16
to MathJax Users
YW. The standard, then, is to NOT use apostrophes? (Implying there are others...)

DP
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mathjax-user...@googlegroups.com.