MathJax reads dollar signs as math delimiters

ysha...@atypon.com

Nov 6, 2016, 9:14:57 AM11/6/16
to MathJax Users
how can i make the dollar sign for currency " $ 500 " skiped from processing with MathJax JS , without change my XML.
Note that my delimiter is "$" for texJax and i don't wan't to change it.

can this be happens without replace my delimiter ???

Peter Krautzberger

Nov 7, 2016, 9:59:42 AM11/7/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yasser,

When MathJax is configured to accept $ as delimiters, it's best to add processEscapes:true to allow for escaping via \$, cf. the documentation.

An alternative way is to leverage the fact that MathJax stops parsing at (most) HTML elements, thus <span>$</span> will isolate the $ from MathJax as well.

Regards,
Peter.