Fractions crash

julie....@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2018, 5:10:03 AM6/11/18
to MathJax Users
Hi,
I'm new with MathJax implementation .
My problem is the following: Fractions are getting crashed while showing on any browser.
When I try the examples pages from MathJax test, that's Ok, but Wen I'm trying to put same code on Wordpress page, the problem appears.
See this page for example: https://osez-reussir-en-physique.be/367-2/

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Julie

Davide Cervone

Jun 11, 2018, 9:32:26 AM6/11/18
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The problem is that the lines

.entry-content, .entry-content p, .entry-content span {
color: #666;
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: 400;
line-height: 26px;
}

in your styles.css file are interfering with the MathJax layout.  Since MathJax uses spans for its content, this rule is overriding the font-size, font-weight, and (most importantly) the line-height, which is causing the math to be the wrong size and separation.

You might be able to get away with just using

.entry-content, .entry-content p {
color: #666;
font-size: 16px;
font-weight: 400;
line-height: 26px;
}

as the span should inherit the .entry-content values away, unless they are nested inside other containers that have set these values to something else, and this is being used to reset them.

I don't see a good way to apply these only to spans that don't appear inside a mathjax container, and trying to reset it for the mathjax spans will break the inheritance of these properties within the MathJax tree.

Davide

julie....@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2018, 2:31:48 PM6/11/18
to MathJax Users
Yesssss!!!!
That's fixed! Thanks very much for your (very quick) help!

Julie