JSPWiki: is it possible to integrate Math Jax in JSPWiki

pedrocesa...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2016, 12:36:01 PM12/13/16
to MathJax Users

Hi everybody,

I am using JSPWiki (https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/) from Apache
Software in a project. I am new to wikis but I read that it is possible to use Math Jax in wikis.
My question is: is it possible to use or integrate MathJax in JSPWiki??

Thank you very much in advance!!

best,
Pedro.

Pedro Cesar Alvarez

Dec 13, 2016, 12:53:11 PM12/13/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
I should add that I've checked the documentation of JSPWiki and MathJax (http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/misc/mathjax-in-use.html) and I have found a link:

MathEL-Wiki (a mathematics-enabled version of JSPWiki)

that is out of order.

Peter Krautzberger

Dec 14, 2016, 3:48:23 AM12/14/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for re-posting here.

You might want to reach out to the JSPWiki community as well since they also list MathEL-Wiki in their pages and might have some background.

I don't know much about JSPWiki and but from a quick glance the example plugin includes  functionality for loading JavaScript; it might be easy to modify that to load MathJax via the CDN as described in our documentation.

Best regards,
Peter.

Pedro Cesar Alvarez

Dec 14, 2016, 6:45:29 AM12/14/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Peter for your suggestions, I will post the same question in the JSPWiki groups and, i case of a positive answer, I will let the Math Jax users group know...

Best,
Pedro.

Peter Krautzberger

Dec 19, 2016, 4:20:13 AM12/19/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure if this was due to your questions, but this help page showed up on my radar and might help you.

Regards,
Peter.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Pedro Cesar Alvarez <pedrocesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you very much Peter for your suggestions, I will post the same question in the JSPWiki groups and, i case of a positive answer, I will let the Math Jax users group know...

Best,
Pedro.

Pedro Cesar Alvarez

Dec 19, 2016, 3:00:16 PM12/19/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Peter,

I will have a look at this page. Someone in the JSPWiki newsgroup pointed out the same link. It seems something only working with Haddock template (I need to see what is this template, new in the newest JSPWiki releases...)

Best,
Pedro.

Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure if this was due to your questions, but this help page showed up on my radar and might help you.

Regards,
Peter.
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Pedro Cesar Alvarez <pedrocesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you very much Peter for your suggestions, I will post the same question in the JSPWiki groups and, i case of a positive answer, I will let the Math Jax users group know...

Best,
Pedro.

Pedro Cesar Alvarez

Dec 21, 2016, 5:34:57 AM12/21/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We tried Haddock template in JSPWiki:

(https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Haddock%20Math%20Behavior)

but we had some problems with Categories and Tables.

Then, someone in my project inserted the snippet of MathJax:

<script src='https://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'></script>

in commonheader.jsp in /templates/default, and it worked. It is wonderful!!

Thank you Peter for all your suggestions,

Pedro

Peter Krautzberger