Using mathjax in Angular 2

Conrad Kyei

Jun 11, 2017, 1:25:58 PM6/11/17
to MathJax Users
Hi so I'm trying to use mathjax in angular 2 and this is how I've gone about it so far

I  used npm to install mathjax.

Then I put the following configuration in my index.html file.

  MathJax.Hub.Config({
    tex2jax: {
     inlineMath: [['$','$'], ['\\(','\\)']],
     processEscapes: true
     }
  });
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" async src="../node_modules/mathjax/MathJax.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML"></script>

I can't seem to be able to however get the single curly braces in the latex syntax of mathjax to parse in my
component html files.

In my component html files I have code such as
$\dfrac a b = c$ which works
but $\dfrac {a}{b} = c$ doesn't work because of the single curly braces.

Any idea how to configure mathjax parse the single { braces

If there is another way of using mathjax with angular 2 that anyone knows too I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Conrad Kyei

Peter Krautzberger

Jun 12, 2017, 2:56:24 AM6/12/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It sounds like you are looking for an introduction to TeX/LaTeX syntax. As per our documentation, a good place to start is https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX.

If that's not the issue, then please check the User Group guidelines again for tips on providing more details (in particular a live sample of what you've tried).

Regards,
Peter.