A bit of a delay in rendering HTML-CSS in v2.5

Christian Perfect

Feb 9, 2015, 9:10:41 AM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
I have a widget which takes a (might as well be TeX) expression from a text input field and uses MathJax to render it underneath, updating on each keypress.
With MathJax 2.4, the rendered version appears to update immediately, without the greyed-out placeholder element.
In 2.5, of course the first thing I did was to turn off the CommonHTML preview by setting `"CHTML-preview": {disabled:true}` in my config, but now the greyed-out placeholder shows up each time the rendering is typeset, appearing for a fraction of a second.
I've tried changing my config so the CommonHTML output and CHTML-preview extension don't even get loaded, but that doesn't change anything.

Have I missed a new setting or an important change in the rendering pipeline in v2.5? Can I get back to the old behaviour?

cp

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 9, 2015, 9:12:47 AM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christian,

Peter.

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 9, 2015, 9:13:33 AM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
 PS: In particular, have you tried

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
MathJax.Hub.processSectionDelay = 0;
</script>

Christian Perfect

Feb 9, 2015, 9:22:43 AM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
No I didn't, and that fixes it! Thanks!

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 9, 2015, 10:06:18 AM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
No problem.

Daniel Thies

Feb 9, 2015, 12:44:37 PM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Thank I had a similar problem, but accidentally posted it of mathjax-dev.  This seems to solve my problem as well.

Thanks Peter and Christian

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 9, 2015, 12:47:00 PM2/9/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Ah -- I just thought about that. Double post :-)

Best,
Peter.

PS: MathJax-dev was perfectly ok for the question.