Equations SVG output print style darker than surrounding text

Jinjun He

Aug 19, 2016, 5:20:55 AM8/19/16
to MathJax Users
Hi everyone,

I want to print my webpage that rendered by MathJax.(SVG output) use browser or save as a pdf file to print.

eg.http://codepen.io/anon/pen/KrYWZd

when I preview in Chrome. I noticed all of the rendered equations be bolded(darker than surrounding text).

So, how can I adjust equations style  like surrounding text.

Thanks!

Peter Krautzberger

Aug 19, 2016, 5:42:22 AM8/19/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jinjun,

From my experience, this is usually a problem of the PDF rendering software not the actual PDF.

In particular, the paths appear thick when zoomed out but fine when zoomed in. This should not have an effect on actually printing the PDF (but this might depend on the printer and printer driver).

From a quick test with your sample (thanks for providing one!),  see exactly this behavior -- but a print-out looks very good.

If you need to optimize for viewing in PDF rendering software, then the HTML-based outputs are usually better.

Best regards,
Peter.

Jinjun He

Aug 19, 2016, 7:54:47 AM8/19/16
to MathJax Users
Hi Peter,

Yes, HTML-based outputs render very well in PDF rendering software.

For printing, both SVG and HTML outputs looks very good.

Thank you very much !