MathJax Transform Issue

sathish...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2016, 1:47:09 AM10/22/16
to MathJax Users, marap...@knowledgeq.com
Hi All,

I'm using MathJax Version 2.6.1. I'm facing a issue when I implement scaling option in my application. the math equation is not properly transforming with content.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Marappan.K

Peter Krautzberger

Oct 24, 2016, 3:27:07 AM10/24/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You might want to provide more information.

Regards,
Peter.

sathish...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 10:35:08 AM10/24/16
to MathJax Users
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I'm attaching two types of screenshots.

The first one is actual MathJax equation, without an additional setting updates.

The next one is, I have applied scaling option (transform:scale(1.125)) to match the content. The problem is, Now the MathJax content overriding the content. Please refer the second image below.

2

I would like to match the font size of the content and MathJax equations, at least visually.

Regards,
Marappan.K

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 7:47 AM, <sathish...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm using MathJax Version 2.6.1. I'm facing a issue when I implement scaling option in my application. the math equation is not properly transforming with content.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Marappan.K

Peter Krautzberger

Oct 24, 2016, 10:43:27 AM10/24/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There's not much to say without a live sample, I'm afraid. It looks like the surrounding CSS is interfering with MathJax's rendering.

In general, MathJax matches the ex-height of the surrounding font which is considered ideal. But you might want to play with the scale options for the various output mechanisms, see, e.g., http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/options/CommonHTML.html.

Regards,
Peter.

Davide Cervone

Oct 24, 2016, 1:30:30 PM10/24/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response. I'm attaching two types of screenshots.

Your results are the expected result for using transform:scale() because transform does not change the bounding box of the element being transformed.  So the space reserved for the transformed element is the same as the un-transformed element.  That is why when you enlarge the math, it overflows onto the text that surrounds it.  This is how transform is SUPPOSED to work.  For example,

aaaaa
bbbbb
aaaaa
bbbbb

produces the following:

As you can see, the transformed XYZ extends outside its bounding box.  This is as expected, and really is unrelated to MathJax, since that is just how transform works.

As Peter says, you should use the MathJax configuration to set the scaling that you want for the output renderer that you are using.

Davide