Mathjax does not use TeX font in Chromium

bertus.m...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 12:09:30 PM9/15/17
to MathJax Users

Try as I might, I cannot get MathJax to use the local TeX font in Chromium. This is what the website currently looks like to me:

It seems to be using a "fallback font". I cannot figure out why this suddenly started, it used to work fine on this system. I tried reinstalling MathJax, and also tried using the command MathJax.Menu.showFontMenu(true) in Chromium to enable the font menu, then I set the font to TeX(local), but that does not change anything. TeX(web) also does nothing. The other browser I have installed is Midori, which works fine with MathJax.

bertus.m...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 12:11:37 PM9/15/17
to MathJax Users
I should mention I have Chromium Version 61.0.3163.79 (Developer Build) (64-bit) running on Arch Linux.

bertus.m...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2017, 12:19:10 PM9/15/17
to MathJax Users

Ok so sorry for posting before trying everything, I was able to get it working by using the SVG rendering.

Peter Krautzberger

Sep 16, 2017, 7:58:57 AM9/16/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The image looks like the Fast PreviewHTML output. That output provides a rough fast first preview and is not meant to be used as a final rendering.

You may have accidentally switched to it via the MathJax menu in which case deleting cookies for mathjax.org should be enough to reset things.

Alternatively, you can manually switch to the CommonHTML or HTML-CSS outputs (or the SVG output of course).

Regards,
Peter.