How to change this output?

Kendall González

Jul 11, 2015, 3:16:17 AM7/11/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Good night!, I'm using MathJax for my blog, everything is fine, but when I use the sigma notation for example the upper limit and lower limit has diferent position, i actually get the left one, but I want the right one!, can someone help me? Thank you!

I think that is the config of the plugin but i don't know how!!!

Murray

Jul 12, 2015, 5:26:08 AM7/12/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kendall

You will get the left image when using inline math, where you use \( and \) around the math expression, which is what you are using on your blog.

If you want the right hand summation type, you need to use display math, which uses \[ and \] around the math.

This of course will align your math in the center of the line, but there are ways around that.

Regards
Murray

Davide P. Cervone

Jul 12, 2015, 8:09:54 AM7/12/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
The inline math is designed to reduce the vertical space so as to not cause large changes in the separation between lines.  If you want to use the display form in in-line math, however, you can do that using \(\displaystyle{...}\).  Or for you could use \(\sum\limits_{...}^{...}...\) to get an individual summation to set the limits above and below the summation.

Davide