a question about support of @ in array-environment

5764c029b688c1c...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2016, 10:13:13 AM4/1/16
to MathJax Users
Dear all,

In my initial experiments with MathJax I have tried to render the following LaTeX code:

   $AAA\begin{array}{r @{XXX} l}
          foo & bar
       \end{array}BBB$

I see that LaTeX renders it correctly, i.e. (roughly) like this:

   AAA fooXXXbar BBB

whereas MathJax renders it differently:

     AAA foo    bar BBB

I would like to ask whether this can be regarded as a bug (in MathJax) or it is an expect behavior.

Thank you in advance for advice.
--
Matej

Davide P. Cervone

Apr 1, 2016, 10:58:57 AM4/1/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
MathJax's support for the array environment's template only includes the alignment options (l, c, r) and the vertical line options (| and :).  It does not extend to the insertion options (@, <, >, etc) or other options.  So this is expected behavior from MathJax's point of view.

Davide