How to add minus/plus sign in subscript?

yzh0...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2017, 8:51:10 PM9/3/17
to MathJax Users
Hi all

I'm using Mathjax in node.js, and I'd like to use characters such as S0, S1, ..., St-1 to represent a string(the 0, 1, and (t-1) are all subscripts).

However, it seems that I'm not able to do it with
$S_0 S_1 S_2 \dots S_{t-1}$

Actually, I tried to replace '-' with '+' and '=', but it didn't work either. if I just use
$S_0 S_1 S_2 \dots S_t$
Then the display is normal.

Is there a way to type minus/plus sign in subscript?

Thanks
Zihan

David Farmer

Sep 4, 2017, 10:12:16 AM9/4/17
to MathJax Users

I don't think you provided enough information to reproduce
the problem. In particular, what does "it didn't work"
mean? Unless we can look at a live example, it is difficult
to diagnose.

What happens if you put $S_{abcde}$ ? Could you have done something to
change the behavior of curly brackets?