Can answers change

ezer...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2018, 1:25:36 PM6/19/18
to MathJax Users
I recently took a test at university. When I checked the results on my laptop I got an answer wrong...I answered "B". However, the answer "B" that showed on my laptop was not the same as the original exam...that answer was "B" but with a different equation, the equation that was the answer for "E". A few hours later when I rechecked on my phone answer "B" was still the answer, but the equation for that answer was the one that showed "E" previouly on my laptop. Is there any reasonable way to explain this?

Sandor Szabo

Jun 20, 2018, 5:42:45 AM6/20/18
to MathJax Users
Did you mentioned this to your professor or TA?
What was the answer?
Someone else (classmate) also noticed this phenomenon?

ezerjon51

Jun 20, 2018, 7:34:33 AM6/20/18
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I am accused of cheating.

Davide Cervone

Jun 24, 2018, 2:20:47 PM6/24/18
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Although the site you are using probably uses MathJax, this issue you are having is unlikely to be a problem cause by MathJax (this is a MathJax forum).  It is most likely something to do with the testing software itself, not the mathematical display that MathJax produces.  You will need to contact the University to investigate that.  Your instructor is the first step, but if he or she is accusing you of cheating, then that may not work so well.  You may need to move up the chain to the department chairperson, or to a Dean (do you have a Dean of Students, or a Dean of Studies, or some such thing?).

Good luck with your situation.