MathJax font

Alex Pakh

May 30, 2016, 9:41:16 AM5/30/16
to MathJax Users
Good day!

I'm experimenting with MathJax and struggling with fonts.
When I reload my html page with formula in browser, MathJax draws it in two steps.

That's how it looks until the formula is fully rendered:
(is that the Cambria Math? I see ClearType is on.)

And that's how it looks after ~1 sec when the rendering is finished:

​So my question is: what option should I set to force MathJax use the font from the pic. 1 (I've tried different fonts, but couldn't find this one)?

Thank you! =)

Alex Pakh

May 30, 2016, 9:45:26 AM5/30/16
to MathJax Users
pic. 1

pic. 2

Peter Krautzberger

May 30, 2016, 9:54:22 AM5/30/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting here.

The initial rendering is due to the FastPreview extension which uses the PreviewHTML output for a quick first rendering. This output uses Time New Roman or similar fonts for its layout.

However, you should be aware that the output is optimized for rough-but-fast layout and does not implement all features or the quality of the CommonHTML, SVG, and HTML-CSS output. For more information, see our documentation at http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/output.html#mathjax-output-components

The STIX fonts should be very similar to Times-like fonts, by the way, and are available in MathJax.

Best regards,
Peter.

Alex Pakh

May 31, 2016, 2:56:33 AM5/31/16