Re: [mathjax-users] MathJax and esint package

Message has been deleted

Peter Krautzberger

Apr 13, 2015, 1:18:27 PM4/13/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Are you referring to an actual MathJax extension or simply the esint LaTeX package? We're not aware of such an extension for MathJax so it would be good to know what you are referring to. MathJax is not (La)TeX and thus packages for (La)TeX have to be re-implemented as MathJax extensions.

Looking at esint, I think most of these (all except \landupint and \landdownint?)  could be handled by Unicode and thus MathJax's non-standard \unicode macro. However, for most of them our default MathJax (CM derived) fonts do not provide glyphs, so you'll need to switch to another font, see http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/font-support.html for the available options. I'm not sure which ones provide enough glyphs though so you'll have to test that.

I've opened https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax-third-party-extensions/issues/17 so that people can contribute an extension if they want.

Regards,
Peter.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 7:01 PM, <power...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am running a blog on the web and since I write maths there I have MathJax to render the LaTeX equations. I was able to get most of the extensions I want loaded on MathJax however the esint package (the extension) seems that cannot be loaded.

Is it possible to run the esint on MathJax extensions and if yes, how can I add it?

Thanks.

power...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2015, 7:13:13 AM4/14/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com, power...@gmail.com
Hello again,

I am referring to the extesion... if there exists an extension such as "esint.js"
But OK, your answer covered me... there does not... I am aware that MathJax is not LaTeX that is why I wondered if there exists such an extension.

Thanks for the reply. I'll test the fonts out.

Peter Krautzberger

Apr 16, 2015, 3:50:34 AM4/16/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com, power...@gmail.com
HI,

Thanks for your follow up. If you're interested in creating an extension for integral macros, do let us know on the issue tracker. We're happy to help you implement that.

Best regards,
Peter.