MathJax not cached properly

Daniel

Jan 13, 2017, 4:05:56 PM1/13/17
to MathJax Users
For some reason MathJax is always showing the "Loading..." message for a short time. Shouldn't the browser cache MathJax and make it unnecessary to load?

Maybe the culprit is somewhere in my config? I am using the following:

    window.MathJax = {
        updateSectionDelay: 0,
        skipStartupTypeset: true,
        messageStyle: 'simple',
        'fast-preview': {
            disabled: true
        },
        styles: {
            '#MathJax_Message': {
                'background-color': '#333',
                color: 'white',
                'border': 'none',
                'z-index': '400',
                'left': '1em',
                'bottom': '1em'
            }
        },
        showProcessingMessages: true,
        showMathMenu: false,
        jax: [
            'input/TeX',
            'output/SVG'
        ],
        extensions: [
            'tex2jax.js'
        ],
        tex2jax: {
            inlineMath: [
                ['$','$'], ['\\(','\\)']
            ]
        },
        TeX: {
            preview: 'none',
            extensions: [
                'color.js'
            ],
            Macros: {
              textnormal: ['\\text{#1}', 1]
            }
        },
        SVG: {
            useFontCache: false,
            useGlobalCache: false,
            blacker: 0,

            merrorStyle: {
                background: 'transparent',
                border: 0, padding: 0,
                color: '#F00'
            }
        },
        CommonHTML: {
            mtextFontInherit: true
        },
        positionToHash: false
    };

Davide Cervone

Jan 13, 2017, 4:42:31 PM1/13/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
MathJax can not tell what it is the cache (only the browser knows that), so it has to ask for the files whether they are cached or not.  When it asks for a cached, file, it will be taken from cache rather than going over the network, but MathJax will still put up the message that it has requested the file.  That is normal, and does not indicate a failure of caching.  The message is left in place for a few moments so that it can be read, even if the file becomes available immediately.  So I suspect your situation is acting properly.

Davide

Daniel

Jan 14, 2017, 2:55:09 AM1/14/17
to MathJax Users
Thanks. And I guess the typesetting isn't delayed by the display if the message, right? Otherwise I'd rather not show it.

Davide Cervone

Jan 14, 2017, 7:00:20 AM1/14/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
No, it is not delayed.