Re: [mathjax-users] HELP User controled equasion

Message has been deleted

Davide Cervone

Mar 18, 2018, 3:01:48 PM3/18/18
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
That is a non-trivial undertaking, and not one that is more about javascript programming than MathJax itself.  You can use MathJax to produce the output, but you will have to program all the interaction yourself.  If you are using TeX format for your expressions, one approach would be to use the forminput extension at

to allow you to include input boxes in your expression in the locations of the coefficients you want to have the user supply.  Then use javascript to read those boxes and process them however you want.

An alternative would be to show an expression with coefficients in place and the user clicks on one, which brings up a dialog to enter the value for that coefficient.  You then modify the underlying expression to include the new coefficient value and ask MathJax to redisplay the modified expression.  That takes a little work.  There is an example of how to detect mouseover events on MathJax elements at

that could serve as an example that you could modify to process click events instead (or as well, if you want to make the clickable items detectable by hovering over them).

You would also need to read the documentation at

for how to modify an existing expression and have it redisplayed.

That may get you a start, but it is about all the help I will be able to offer.

Davide

On Mar 14, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Thiago Brevidelli <thiago.brevi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey guys, I'm trying to display an equasion on my webpage in a way the user is able to modify the equation coefficients on the go. The user should be able to click the displayed coefficients and then type the disiered value. I also need to be able to access those values so that I can do some later maths.

Does anybody has any ideia on how to do so? Thanks for the attention!

Message has been deleted