Mathzoom and memory stick

nig...@gmail.com

May 18, 2017, 2:15:56 PM5/18/17
to MathJax Users
I originally posted a question on techguy.org forum other software section. I had wanted to take home an article
containing MathJax from an internet terminal to my home computer, which is not internet connected. I put it on a
 memory stick but it was not converted. The question was solved.

Reading the formidable MathJax documantation seemed to indicate that I could run it at home offline. It seems to
work ok on firefox with the test data.

But when I tried the file on the memory stick the article seemed ok, sort of, but the conversion had ended with
a message something like
failed to load  [Mathjax]/filename_files/extensions/MathZoom.js

It is as though MathJax has lost sight of its main directory and is looking for MathZoom.js in the
article's filename.html  subsidiary folder  filename_files

I had thought that it was some peculiarity of doing it offline. But now that I am on the internet terminal,
I thought I would try it online loading the article from the memory stick into the browsers chrome, IE, firefox.
Same result.

Can I take it that I am trying to do something that MathJax is not intended to do, and cannot? Fortunately it doesn't
matter if it can't.

The article is   Analytic Solutions to Time-dependant Schrodinger Equation     physics stack exchange

Peter Krautzberger

May 19, 2017, 6:20:33 AM5/19/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you share the relevant parts of the HTML source as well as the directory structure?

Regards,
Peter.

Davide Cervone

May 20, 2017, 7:02:58 AM5/20/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
When you say "you put it on a memory stick", how did you do that?  If you used the browser's "save as page source" function, that usually will not copy all of the MathJax components that you need, and you will get the kinds of errors that you are seeing.  One possible approach would be to install a full copy of MathJax on your memory stick and change the URL in the saved page to point to that.  Note, however, that for Firefox, the copy of MathJax would need to be within the same folder as the original HTML page in order to comply with Firefox's interpretation of the same-origin security policy when applied to local files.  The web-fonts are the files that will cause problems if they are outside the folder of the HTML page, so an alternative would be to install the fonts locally to avoid that.

Alternatively, you could print the page to a PDF file rather than saving it as HTML, and then read the PDF file off line.

In any case, the issue is most likely that your have not actually saved the needed portions of MathJax.

Davide

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

nig...@gmail.com

May 23, 2017, 9:49:56 AM5/23/17
to MathJax Users, nig...@gmail.com
Peter Krautzberger, Davide Cervone,

I attempted yesterday to send the file on my memory stick with the files in the filename_files folder. There were roughly 25 files and Google did not want me to send it. I tried several times. You are quite right that I loaded the file into Chrome and then went to the three stripes thing in the top rh corner and did Save Page As...onto the memory stick.

We might as well give up on this as it doesn't matter anyway. As Davide said, I do indeed have the option of printing any converted articles to PDF.

Thank you for your comments.