Implement infinity sign over integral sign in mathjax

youi...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2016, 8:15:44 AM8/8/16
to MathJax Users
Hello,

I am working on a web site and would like to implement a new integral sign.  I can do so in latex with the following commands which rotates the infinity sign appropriately so that it lines up correctly with the integral sign:

\def\Xint#1{\mathchoice%

{\XXint\displaystyle\textstyle{#1}}%

{\XXint\textstyle\scriptstyle{#1}}%

{\XXint\scriptstyle\scriptscriptstyle{#1}}%

{\XXint\scriptscriptstyle\scriptscriptstyle{#1}}%

\!\int}%

\def\XXint#1#2#3{{\setbox0=\hbox{$#1{#2#3}{\int}$}

\vcenter{\hbox{$#2#3$}}\kern-.5\wd0}}

\newcommand{\Rinfty}{\rotatebox{77}{$\infty$}\hspace{-0.05em}}

Then when I type:

\mathop{\Xint{\Rinfty}} \sqrt{z}dz

The infinity sign will line up perfectly slanted with the slant of the integral sign.

I understand the \rotatebox command is part of the graphicx package and may not be available in mathjax.

Is it possible to write a custom java script to implement this construct?

Thanks,

Dominic

Message has been deleted

Peter Krautzberger

Aug 10, 2016, 4:29:20 AM8/10/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com, youi...@gmail.com
Hi Dominic,

I'm having trouble compiling your example in LaTeX so I don't know what your results look like precisely.

But regarding rotation, I don't think there's a reliable way for it right now. If you can fix the output, then CommonHTML and SVG might allow you to hack something using CSS, e.g., $\int\!\!\style{transform: rotate(-20deg)}{\infty}$; but this will have no effect on the HTML-CSS output.

Regards,
Peter.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 2:23 PM, <youi...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 7:15:44 AM UTC-5, youi...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a web site and would like to implement a new integral sign.  Here's is a rough idea of what I would like:

\!\!\!\!\!\infty\int

Note how the infinity sign is over the integral sign but its slant is not the same as the integral sign.

 I can write the following in latex which rotates the infinity sign appropriately so that it lines up correctly with the integral sign: