HTML to PDF software that perserves MathJax?

crysta...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 2:01:29 PM5/11/17
to MathJax Users
Hello,

I am new to MathJax and the company I work for is very interested in using MathJax in the future for documentation. I have had no issues running MathJax's in our webpage browser. Our only issue is finding an adequate software which keeps the MathJax intact when we convert it to a .pdf. From the browser it works fine but for our potential customers we want to be able to give them documentation in .pdf form and not have them convert the documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Crystal Anderson

Peter Krautzberger

May 15, 2017, 3:34:16 AM5/15/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Crystal,

Printing web content is beyond the scope of MathJax itself but generally works. There are many tools for this. One example is Vivliostyle.

Regards,
Peter.

Kawakubo Toru

May 16, 2017, 9:45:47 PM5/16/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for referring to Vivliostyle.
Few notes on using MathJax in Vivliostyle:

- Vivliostyle has a fixed configuration for MathJax in it. The current configuration is:
  - The TeX-MML-AM_CHTML configuration file is used. That means:
      - CommonHTML output processor is used.
      - TeX, MathML, and AsciiMath input can be used.
  - The following configuration is additionally loaded: https://github.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/blob/master/resources/mathjax-config.js
- How to include math in a HTML document
  - You can have MathML typeset by simply including a <math> element in the HTML.
  - For TeX and AsciiMath, you need to enclose the math content in an element with ‘data-math-typeset=true’ attribute.

Regards,

--
Toru Kawakubo (川久保 亮)
Vivliostyle Inc.