I need MathJax latest version for offline use in android

manishm...@gmail.com

May 31, 2017, 6:15:40 AM5/31/17
to MathJax Users

We are developing an Android application .

In this application, we provide educational content for various subjects including Mathematics in offline mode. Therefore, user can download a set of data, question papers, question bank and read them later on without internet.

For write mathematical equations in TeX format in our database and them trying to render as Maths formula in Android app.

We found some MathML libraries by Google search and one of them i.e. Math View library worked for us in offline mode. In this library, we are using Math-Jax engine to render math equations in Android interface.

Somehow, recently we started facing some ad-hoc issues with content font size. On very ad-hoc basis when MathJax engine render math formula in app, it increases font size for some content. When we re-render or refresh it, it becomes normal.

I have attached some screenshots from app interface for your quick reference.

We checked all browser settings, MathML library placement in android app but could not locate the issue.

In my sense, something is wrong or incompatible from Math View library side. This library was posted 5 years back on Github and must be outdated now.

I hope you would have seen such issues in past and can help us to resolve it. Please can you direct us to any latest available library for offline MathML content rendering in Android APK.

I am anticipating your early response because currently >1000 users using our app everyday and not able to use the Math contents.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Screenshot_2017-05-31-13-20-35-054_com.websmith.oyeexams.png
Screenshot_2017-05-31-13-20-48-384_com.websmith.oyeexams.png
Screenshot_2017-05-31-13-21-20-880_com.websmith.oyeexams.png

Peter Krautzberger

Jun 1, 2017, 3:06:16 AM6/1/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I hope you would have seen such issues in past and can help us to resolve it.

I'm afraid we have not heard of such an issue before.

Since you are relying on MathView you might want to try contacting the maintainer on GitHub. MathView is using an older MathJax version (2.5) so maybe you can help them upgrade to the latest version.

However, it looks like MathJax rendering is fine as such and the problem is more about handling the webview appropriately in Android (fitting it to the width of the device).

In that case, it would make sense to post to a forum with general Android expertise (e.g., stackoverflow).

Regards,
Peter.

CA Manish Mandot

Jun 2, 2017, 2:29:15 AM6/2/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply on my query.

Don't you think this can be an issue with MathJax Zoom setting configuration.

Because, we tried all web view settings and whatever we could do. Somehow we couldn't fix this.

Appreciate your help on this topic.

Thanks,
Manish

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

Peter Krautzberger

Jun 2, 2017, 3:41:32 AM6/2/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Don't you think this can be an issue with MathJax Zoom setting configuration.

Not unless you changed it yourself; it is inactive by default.

Regards,
Peter.

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 8:28 AM, CA Manish Mandot <manishm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply on my query.

Don't you think this can be an issue with MathJax Zoom setting configuration.

Because, we tried all web view settings and whatever we could do. Somehow we couldn't fix this.

Appreciate your help on this topic.

Thanks,
Manish

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

CA Manish Mandot

Jun 3, 2017, 10:50:52 AM6/3/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com, an...@websmithsolution.com, android7
Hi Peter,

I appreciate your prompt response and your helping hand.

Please can you help us on: How to remove MathJax rendering message appear every time at the bottom of the screen.

I tried to use this help article but it didn't for for us.

Ref: We are using MathJax Library version 2.3.

Screenshot from mobile app:
Inline image 2

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Peter Krautzberger <peter.kra...@mathjax.org> wrote:
Don't you think this can be an issue with MathJax Zoom setting configuration.

Not unless you changed it yourself; it is inactive by default.

Regards,
Peter.
On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 8:28 AM, CA Manish Mandot <manishm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply on my query.

Don't you think this can be an issue with MathJax Zoom setting configuration.

Because, we tried all web view settings and whatever we could do. Somehow we couldn't fix this.

Appreciate your help on this topic.

Thanks,
Manish

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

CA Manish Mandot

Jun 6, 2017, 1:50:24 AM6/6/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Please can you help us on: How to remove MathJax rendering message appear every time at the bottom of the screen.

I tried to use this help article but it didn't for for us.

Ref: We are using MathJax Library version 2.3.

Screenshot from mobile app:

Inline image 1

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 8:20 PM, CA Manish Mandot <manishm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Peter,

I appreciate your prompt response and your helping hand.

Please can you help us on: How to remove MathJax rendering message appear every time at the bottom of the screen.

I tried to use this help article but it didn't for for us.

Ref: We are using MathJax Library version 2.3.

Screenshot from mobile app:
Inline image 2

Thanks,
Manish

Like our Facebook Page

Peter Krautzberger

Jun 6, 2017, 3:16:16 AM6/6/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please search the user group before posting. E.g.,

helps right away.

Regards,
PEter.

Hello Everyone,