Not being able to access mathjax over https!

abdo...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2015, 6:35:02 AM2/7/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Im trying to load a page which has mathjax script loaded from your CDN over https while I was in Saudi Arabia, and for some reason I kept getting a 404. I know that the exact same page is working everywhere else, its working for me now while im in Jordan. I contacted the ISP while I was in Saudi and they made a simple packet trace in wireshark for the request of the mathjax.js file over https (attached is an image of it) and it shows that for some reason the CDN server sends a RST for response. I am not highly literate networking guy but the ISP suggested that this is being blocked from your side and not from there. Im not sure where to go on from here so I thought maybe you guys could help me sort out this issue.

Appreciate any help.
wireshark.png

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 10, 2015, 2:37:26 AM2/10/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the lack of access. Our CDN is provided through CloudFlare and (naturally) we do not have direct control over the endpoints. Still, we are not aware of any reason why CloudFlare would not work in Saudi Arabia (or anywhere else).

What sometimes leads to problems is the fact that CloudFlare's SSL uses a shared certificate. So if some other domain is blocked, it can effect ours. Also, the blocking might occur on neither the CDN endpoint or your local ISP but along the way.

We'll contact CloudFlare support to see if they have any advice.

Best regards,
Peter.

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 10, 2015, 11:50:56 AM2/10/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick follow-up. CloudFlare confirmed that they do not ban any country (unless a client asks them to, e.g., as protection during an DoS attack).

Could you let me know which URL the traceroute was for? That way, CloudFlare can look more specifically.

Best regards,
Peter.

Abdallah Nassif

Feb 11, 2015, 7:29:37 AM2/11/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Appreciate your support.

Abdallah

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MathJax Users" group.

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 17, 2015, 5:55:39 AM2/17/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Abdallah,

We heard more from CloudFlare. They suspect it is a bogus TCP reset (which, they add, is definitely something they wouldn't do, at least not on purpose).

Would you be able to try using https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.5.0/MathJax.js to test if this TCP reset occurs there as well?

Best regards,
Peter.

abdallah

Feb 17, 2015, 6:34:38 AM2/17/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back on this.

I will let someone test it on from Saudi side and will let you know.

Regards,

Abdallah

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 17, 2015, 6:35:02 AM2/17/15