Origin 'null' issue on Stix font with Mathjax 2.6 or with Mathjax 2.5

chaitanya yechuri

Feb 29, 2016, 2:03:01 AM2/29/16
to MathJax Users

Hi,

When MathJax version(2.6 or 2.5) is configured to use the Stix fonts, I am getting the error:

Attached with Sample html Document.

Please Suggest.

Thanks and Regards
Chaitanya

FencedExpressions.html
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 29, 2016, 7:29:39 AM2/29/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chaitanya,

You can safely ignore the error. It is related to a test for webfont capabilities and only occurs on very recent browser versions, without negative effect to MathJax.

Regards,
Peter.

Christian Lawson-Perfect

Feb 29, 2016, 7:38:38 AM2/29/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Aha, I'd been wondering what that was! Is there no way of making it a bit more clear what it's for - does the origin have to be null?

Peter Krautzberger

Feb 29, 2016, 8:21:14 AM2/29/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
 does the origin have to be null?

I think so. Davide would be the one to say.

Peter.

Davide P. Cervone

Mar 1, 2016, 3:48:09 AM3/1/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
MathJax is trying to determine what happens in the browser when an invalid or missing web font is used, but is trying to do so without actually causing additional network activity.  To avoid the error (or change the origin), we would have to do an actual network access, which is not worth it.  The test could probably be dropped all together, and it is only done in the HTML-CSS output renderer.  We hope that the new CommonHTML renderer will replace the original HTML-CSS one in the long run, so I suspect that not much time will go into fixing this type of issue.

Davide

chaitanya yechuri

Nov 17, 2016, 6:24:03 AM11/17/16
to MathJax Users
Hi,

Do we have any other solution for fixing this Bug.

Please Suggest, if we can solve this problem.

Thanks.
Chaitanya

Peter Krautzberger

Nov 17, 2016, 6:32:41 AM11/17/16
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As Davide wrote, this is expected behavior and a change is not planned.

You can switch to the CommonHTML or SVG output which does not cause this (harmless) error message. Note also that the HTML-CSS output will be dropped from MathJax v3.0 next year.

Regards,
Peter.

chaitanya yechuri

Dec 12, 2016, 4:54:49 AM12/12/16
to MathJax Users

Hi,

Please can you suggest how we can switch to the CommonHTML or SVG output instead of using HTML-CSS output.

As have suggested that in later versions using of HTML-CSS will be deprecated. Please can you provide some info on how we can use "CommonHtml".

Regards.
Chaitanya
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mathjax-user...@googlegroups.com.

Peter Krautzberger