mathJax stop working on Windows Phone 8.1

sebastia...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2015, 7:47:42 PM3/8/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have an app that was using MathJax on Lumia 820 with Windows Phone 8.1. Everything was working great but after the last one update which I made to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, OS Version: 8.10.14234.375 MathJax stop working in my app. I checked that also when I run Internet Explorer on my Lumia 820 and go to https://www.mathjax.org/ page MathJax does not render equations. Please help. Thank you in advice.

Sebastian

Peter Krautzberger

Mar 30, 2015, 9:12:03 AM3/30/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

Sorry for the late response. Is this problem persisting? We don't really have a way of testing specific devices but generally speaking Windows Phone should behave like the corresponding IE versions (so in the case of 8.1 like IE11).

Best regards,
Peter.

Sebastian Baran

Mar 31, 2015, 10:09:38 AM3/31/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
after your response I checked my wp8.1 phone internet explorer settings and find out that mathJax works when I choose desktop mode. In mobile version of IE MathJax does not work. I also repair my app by adding: "HTML-CSS": { availableFonts: ["TeX"] } in mathjax-config in my html and now everything displays properly in tex fonts. So for me everything is ok, can go further with my app:) I don't know if mathjax should work in mobile mode but for me it doesn't matter.

Moreover I want to thank you for the mathJax. I am working at University and I think that mathJax is cool stuff.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Peter Krautzberger

Apr 1, 2015, 5:25:20 AM4/1/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not familiar enough with Windows Phone. Are you having this problem in an app (using a webview) or in the browser? Does "desktop/mobile mode" refer to apps or the browser and do both modes refer to a webview?

We would definitely want MathJax to work in any IE version so we really appreciate help identifying such a bug.

Best regards,
Peter.
Message has been deleted

Sebastian Baran

Apr 5, 2015, 6:03:35 PM4/5/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
my app works now well. The problem is in IE. Desktop/mobile mode refer to the browser IE on windows phone.

When I choose desktop mode in IE I see sth like this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=242020a03d9490a9!3071&authkey=!ABt_D1V54FO6Tpc&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
As you see everything is ok.

But when I choose mobile mode in IE I see sth like this:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=242020a03d9490a9!3072&authkey=!AIS9tcX5fZ2EZOs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

As you can see the problem is connected with mobile mode in IE on Windows Phone.
Best regards
Sebastian

Peter Krautzberger

Apr 7, 2015, 5:35:47 AM4/7/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for those screenshots. They seem to indicate that on the "mobile version", MathJax is using its Native-MML output (which is strange).

In the "mobile" setting, are you able to manually change MathJax's renderer to HTML-CSS? (E.g., via the button in the "samples" popover).

Best regards,
Peter.

Sebastian Baran

May 2, 2015, 5:09:27 PM5/2/15
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
I am very sorry that I did not answer but I did not have my phone till today.
This is what I see when I press view samples on mathjax.org website in "mobile version" in IE

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=242020a03d9490a9!3141&authkey=!ALncGRQAt5otfWs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=242020a03d9490a9!3142&authkey=!AG_fSH8awIED9HU&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=242020a03d9490a9!3143&authkey=!AIPBRlhx9NXRKh0&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng

Please feel free to contact me again if I can help. In the future I try to answer faster;)
Best regards
Sebastian