Diferent renderings in firefox and chromium

chandra

Nov 9, 2017, 12:20:25 AM11/9/17
to MathJax Users

I am using pandoc -> reveal,js to generate slides containing mathematics and using MathJax to render the mathematics.

The same source code generates two different renderings of an equation in Firefox and Chromium. Please see attached images: top is from Chromium and bottom from Firefox.

The expected rendering is that from Chromium, but I would prefer to use Firefox on occasion.

Where should I be looking and what should I be doing to make Firefox render the same as Chromium?

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar

Nov 9, 2017, 1:28:26 AM11/9/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Update:

By starting Firefox with a new profile and in safe-mode, I got the same
results as with Chromium.

So, it is now a matter of hunting down the offending extension or
profile setting.

Sorry for the noise.

Chandra

On 09/11/17 10:50, chandra wrote:
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hVHuLDUvJ9E/WgPlYYrtMeI/AAAAAAAAAjM/K61bv9zfCAkNjRTmIp29XOZ9PRRSp_S2gCLcBGAs/s1600/chromium.png>
>
> <https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2qVrN5guRgI/WgPlVbRIHCI/AAAAAAAAAjI/Q-h4zHllRn8RPC3noI7r2N3SfIz52T0nwCLcBGAs/s1600/firefox.png>

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar

Nov 9, 2017, 2:43:47 AM11/9/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
For the record, in case it helps someone:

Solution:

Always check the box that says

"Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of your selections above"

as shown in attached image.

That solved the problem for me.

Chandra
font-selection.png