Formulas have padding bottom on android WebView

chumak...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2017, 1:10:04 PM11/8/17
to MathJax Users
Hello everyone!
Following my previous post (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mathjax-users/Ji63qGGNN98), I have one more question.
If I open webpage (https://www.tuhh.de/MathJax/test/sample-tex.html) on android chrome browser or desktop ones, it works fine. But if the same page is opened in android WebView (browser, embedded in the app), Mathjax formulas have small padding bottom. They are shifted upwards a little. This is how it looks:
https://gyazo.com/141af0d2b03b5fcf5f5a1bb3737a0339
This takes place in <Android M. I suppose this may be android bug which is fixed in 6.0, but is there anything I can do to fix it in pre-Marshmallow?

I have such behavior in android app which is sort of HelloWorld. It is fullscreen-WebView which loads "https://www.tuhh.de/MathJax/test/sample-tex.html" on boot.
The app doesn't configure WebView at all but for enabling javascript, so this can be considered as "default webview".
I would like to get rid of this padding, how to do that?
I attached apk file for those who have android devices. I believe you can reproduce the problem on any pre-Marshmallow device.
It is also possible to inspect webview contents via Chrome browser. Just connect device to desktop, enable usb debugging (probably not required) and type "chrome://inspect" in Chrome address bar.
app-debug.apk

Peter Krautzberger

Nov 9, 2017, 10:47:34 AM11/9/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The page you link to uses MathJax v2.5 which is almost three years old.

You might want to start by updating MathJax to 2.7.2.

Regards,
Peter.

chumak...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2017, 6:06:09 AM11/13/17
to MathJax Users
I tried to do so. Same result.
I attached html file with Mathjax 2.7.2, which I tried.

среда, 8 ноября 2017 г., 21:10:04 UTC+3 пользователь chumak...@gmail.com написал:
tex_example.html

Peter Krautzberger

Nov 22, 2017, 5:32:12 AM11/22/17
to mathja...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid there aren't many Android developers on this list. Perhaps a more general forum such as stackoverflow can help you debug the webview.

Regards,
Peter.