Spam problem - I am figuring it out

Maria Droujkova

Apr 21, 2016, 5:32:42 PM4/21/16
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Looks like some hackers found a door. I am figuring it out. Bear with the list please - the problem should go away.

--
Cheers,
Dr. Maria Droujkova

Maria Droujkova

Apr 21, 2016, 10:40:20 PM4/21/16
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
I was told that only an admin can see that spam. Sorry about the incomprehensible message then! Carry on please :-)

Paul Libbrecht

Apr 22, 2016, 2:05:10 AM4/22/16
to mathf...@googlegroups.com
Hello Maria,

I received much spam. Am I an admin?

If yes, maybe I just need to know and I would have kicked that person as
soon as I would have seen.
A tick further, maybe collecting a few people around the planet and an
admin mailing list to coordinate is a good idea?

Paul

kirby urner

Apr 26, 2016, 5:17:36 PM4/26/16
to MathFuture
I'm not an admin of course, but I do see that spate of spams just back in the archives.  I believe whomever
has full admin powers would be able to delete them retroactively as an act of housekeeping.  That's
probably what I'd do (I co-own a different Google Group but so far haven't been spam-attacked like that).

Kirby