Hacking Math Class - The Series!

Peter Farrell

Sep 10, 2015, 2:11:41 PM9/10/15
to MathFuture
Hi, Math Futurists,

Pardon the plug but I have contributed a bit to the group over the years. Maria and I are putting on a series of workshops/playshops on using Python to have fun learning math starting later this month. "Hacking Math Class..." Hang out virtually with us and other aspiring math hackers to explore everything from algebra and geometry to functions and fractals, all the time learning all the basics of the Python programming language. The entire syllabus is on the signup page here. Hope to see you on our monitors on the 21st!

Peter Farrell

kirby urner

Sep 11, 2015, 11:32:45 AM9/11/15
to mathf...@googlegroups.com

Excellent.  I wish more math courses took this route.  I wonder if you use the Fraction type much.  Just got this link which is interesting:  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/quicktions  Clojure also has a native rational type (as distinct from floating point).

Kirby