VWBPE Saturday, April 12, 11:00am PST

Rebecca Lynne Patterson

Apr 3, 2014, 7:20:47 PM4/3/14
to mathf...@googlegroups.com, deltastre...@googlegroups.com
Virtual World Best Practices in Education: http://vwbpe.org

Join us at this year's immersive education conference in Second Life: http://second life.com

We will be demonstrating our math/number manipulatives relating to patterns and subQuan. Dust off your avatar or create a new one and join us as we show you numbers and subQuans that are physically impossible but a virtual reality.

Daniel Cooper Patterson (Cooper Macbeth in SL) will be speaking.

A Hope and a Plan
“Mathematics is taught in schools through various disjointed processes and topics involving much memorization and abstraction. This pedagogy of knowledge collection creates a fragmented understanding starting with the earliest acquisition of number sense and has lead to a national crisis in STEM education. Virtual worlds allow us to easily see and interact with the recent realization that numbers have shapes. Number shapes trigger our minds into making sweeping connections in the foundations of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and calculus via the visual cortex. Let us show you the forest AND the trees at the same time to give you the A-ha moment of synaptic growth.”

See you there!!  :-)

--
Blessings!

Rebecca Patterson