commit/push process

Terry

Jul 27, 2012, 9:26:25 PM7/27/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps it's time to start pushing to mde forks and reviewing before merging into the main repo?  Or no?

Rom

Jul 30, 2012, 7:22:18 PM7/30/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com
Terry,

I want to make sure I understand your question.
By the main repo, do you mean https://github.com/benetech/mde ?

Terry Hodgson

Jul 30, 2012, 7:27:12 PM7/30/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com

Yes, that's the one. I thought I saw several people in the mde dev group, so it seemed like it might be time for some sort of QA?

Rom

Jul 30, 2012, 7:50:19 PM7/30/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com
That's a very good question. We don't currently have any resources assigned to QA our changes.
I'll play around with it tomorrow and confirm all the Tutorial classes still work as expected.

It would be great to add some more test cases, as well.

Terry Hodgson

Jul 31, 2012, 1:22:44 PM7/31/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking exactly the same about the test cases.  Too bad we (NASA) didn't generate a nice set of regression tests.  ;-)  Dang.

My concern over "unreviewed" commits, is that I've found at least one place where Ga Tech changed some functionality (improperly, IMO), and Alex's changes - at least to ResourceUtil - are not compatible with the library (he just commented out functionality and replaced it with his changes).

If the web-service function can be added as a option while leaving the existing functionality alone, then it seems silly to maintain a separate mde library.  S'ok for rapid prototyping, but thinking longer term, we ought to look at it.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/math-description-engine/-/csf0FTe_HiMJ.

Terry Hodgson

Jul 31, 2012, 1:24:22 PM7/31/12
to math-descri...@googlegroups.com
crap.  Didn't mean for that to go to the group!  Sorry if I offended anyone.  ;-(