MT 3.0.6 Courier Tests Failing

Ra Long

May 27, 2015, 9:21:47 AM5/27/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
When attempting to run tests in MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests.Executing_a_routing_slip_with_two_activities I get the following exception during CleanUpVirtualHost()...

RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.BrokerUnreachableException was unhandled by user code
  HResult=-2146232800
  Message=None of the specified endpoints were reachable
  Source=RabbitMQ.Client
  StackTrace:
       at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
       at MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests.RabbitMqTestFixture.CleanUpVirtualHost(IRabbitMqHost host) in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests\RabbitMqTestFixture.cs:line 194
       at MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests.RabbitMqTestFixture.<CreateBus>b__8(IRabbitMqBusFactoryConfigurator x) in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests\RabbitMqTestFixture.cs:line 170
       at MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.RabbitMqBusFactory.Create(Action`1 configure) in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport\RabbitMqBusFactory.cs:line 30
       at MassTransit.BusFactoryConfiguratorExtensions.CreateUsingRabbitMq(IBusFactory factory, Action`1 configure) in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport\Configuration\BusFactoryConfiguratorExtensions.cs:line 26
       at MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests.RabbitMqTestFixture.CreateBus() in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests\RabbitMqTestFixture.cs:line 160
       at MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests.RabbitMqTestFixture.SetupInMemoryTestFixture() in c:\MassTransit3\src\MassTransit.RabbitMqTransport.Tests\RabbitMqTestFixture.cs:line 106
  InnerException: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.OperationInterruptedException
       HResult=-2146233088
       Message=The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Library, code=0, text="End of stream", classId=0, methodId=0, cause=System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Peer missed 2 heartbeats with heartbeat timeout set to 580 seconds
       Source=RabbitMQ.Client
       StackTrace:
            at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SimpleBlockingRpcContinuation.GetReply()
            at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ModelBase.ConnectionOpen(String virtualHost, String capabilities, Boolean insist)
            at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.Connection.Open(Boolean insist)
            at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.Connection..ctor(IConnectionFactory factory, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
            at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.AutorecoveringConnection.init()
            at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection()
       InnerException:

I'm using an installation of RabbitMQ 3.5.2 on Erlang 17.5 with default settings. This RabbitMQ instance works fine with MT 2.10 Courier but I have yet to get any MT3 Courier code working on it yet. Is there some additional RabbitMQ server configuration required for MT3 to work?

Ra Long

May 27, 2015, 4:03:50 PM5/27/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
OK, I see this exception is occurring only because the "test" vhost used by the MT3 tests does not exist in my RabbitMQ instance and MT3 does not create it if it is not previously existing. I believe this was mentioned in another thread already but for whatever reason I didn't associate it with the issue I was experiencing. Manually creating the "test" exchange and assigning permission to the "guest" user resolves this particular exception. There still seem to be additional issues though as the tests seem to hang at some point that I haven't clearly identified yet. If it seems to be something significant, I'll post a separate thread about that specific issue.