Performance counters

Jeff Posey

Mar 3, 2016, 7:15:10 PM3/3/16
to masstransit-discuss
How do you get the performance counters to install? I am hosting my services in a top shelf app (running as a console app) and I don't see any counters related to mass transit

Thanks

Chris Patterson

Mar 3, 2016, 10:55:52 PM3/3/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
They aren't wired up in the current release. Expect an update by the weekend that fixes this oversight. Thanks to Roland Guijt for pointing it out earlier this week.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 4:15 PM -0800, "Jeff Posey" <pos...@gmail.com> wrote:

How do you get the performance counters to install? I am hosting my services in a top shelf app (running as a console app) and I don't see any counters related to mass transit

Thanks

Jeff Posey

Chris Patterson

Mar 5, 2016, 10:24:32 AM3/5/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
They should be back now. V3.2.1

__
Chris Patterson

Jeff Posey

Mar 8, 2016, 5:13:06 PM3/8/16
to masstransit-discuss
I was able to get the performance counters to show up in perfmon, but when I select there are no instances displayed so I never see any data. Is there anything else that has to be done for the counter?

Thanks,

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 9:24:32 AM UTC-6, Chris Patterson wrote:
They should be back now. V3.2.1

__
Chris Patterson

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 9:00 AM -0800, "Jeff Posey" <pos...@gmail.com> wrote:

Cool, Thanks Chris!

On Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-6, Chris Patterson wrote:
They aren't wired up in the current release. Expect an update by the weekend that fixes this oversight. Thanks to Roland Guijt for pointing it out earlier this week.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 4:15 PM -0800, "Jeff Posey" <pos...@gmail.com> wrote:

How do you get the performance counters to install? I am hosting my services in a top shelf app (running as a console app) and I don't see any counters related to mass transit

Thanks

Chris Patterson

Mar 8, 2016, 6:00:14 PM3/8/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
There should be traffic and endpoints active for there to be data. The message based counters should remain even after the process exits.

__
Chris Patterson

Jeff Posey

Mar 9, 2016, 9:34:25 AM3/9/16
to masstransit-discuss
Yeah, I have services running, and sending messages, just no instances show up.

Chris Patterson

Mar 9, 2016, 9:57:26 AM3/9/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
You likely have to run as admin at least once to create the counters. Otherwise they don't exist and can't be created without write access to the registry.

Message has been deleted

Jackson Louie

Nov 14, 2017, 4:54:06 PM11/14/17
to masstransit-discuss
Hi Chris,
I'm creating a requester app and a responder app (they are not services for now). I've made the call to configurator's extension EnableWindowsPerformanceCounters() method. After running these apps with admin privileges, I see the MassTransit Consumers and MassTransit Messages in the Available Counters screen. In the Add Counters dialog box, I'm able to add these counters to the "Added Counters" list view, but when I click ok to close the Add Counters Dialog Box, the counters are not added in the Performance Monitor. I also tried creating a customized Data Collector Set with only the Consumers and Messages counters, after running the set, I cannot load the results because it complains that no data was collected...What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Jackson