Masstransit Azure Service Bus message inheritance

codebrainr

Aug 31, 2017, 3:24:08 PM8/31/17
to masstransit-discuss
Hi,
after reading the latest topics about publishing using ASB as Transport, I saw that
it was necessary to publish specifying directly in the generic the interface and in message parameter the message as a class.
I saw @Chris you replied ASB transport was not able to apply properly message inheritance,
is this still in this way?

Thanks

Chris Patterson

Aug 31, 2017, 4:23:11 PM8/31/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
yes, until 4.0 this is the way it works.

codebrainr

Shane Holder

Oct 1, 2017, 3:21:55 PM10/1/17
to masstransit-discuss
I was trying to understand this restriction, and put together the following console app.

There is a concrete class, which implements an interface and that interface implements 2 other interfaces.  Handlers are created for all 3 interfaces, and each handler is called so what exactly is the restriction?

MassTransit 3.5