Problem with Default port for RabbitMq

Amit Srivastava

Sep 29, 2015, 7:00:23 AM9/29/15
to masstransit-discuss
Hi All,

I am new to RabbitMq and Masstransit and was trying to run the sample code provided in documentation. While running the code I am getting error "RabbitMq connection failed". Code is trying to connect Rabbitmq on port 5672. My instance is installed on port 15672. I am not getting any place where I can mention specific port for masstransit to connect. Please provide some guidance. I am using latest release of Masstransit dlls.

Travis Smith

Sep 29, 2015, 8:42:45 AM9/29/15
to masstransit-discuss
Generally 5672 is RabbitMQ and 15672 is the management API port. Is 15672 how you connect to the web interface?

You should be able to define the port in the URI, rabbitmq://hostname:port/vhost/queue.

Other things to consider, can you telnet to the box hosting RabbitMQ on that port, and does something respond? Is the firewall blocking access?

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 7:00 AM Amit Srivastava <amit.sri...@globallogic.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to RabbitMq and Masstransit and was trying to run the sample code provided in documentation. While running the code I am getting error "RabbitMq connection failed". Code is trying to connect Rabbitmq on port 5672. My instance is installed on port 15672. I am not getting any place where I can mention specific port for masstransit to connect. Please provide some guidance. I am using latest release of Masstransit dlls.

-Travis

Yuriy Zotov

Jun 10, 2016, 4:07:52 PM6/10/16
to masstransit-discuss
Hi

I'm using MassTransit 3.3.5 nuget

My rabbit MQ setup on 5673 port.
And looks like Masstransit always try to connect to default port insted which I'm passing as
return x.Host(uri.Host,(ushort) uri.Port,uri.LocalPath, h =>

I see in log target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:5672

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 15:42:45 UTC+3, Travis Smith wrote:
[...]

Yuriy Zotov

Jun 10, 2016, 4:20:13 PM6/10/16
to masstransit-discuss
BTW it is working in 3.3.0.

Then something was broken in 3.3.1

Yuriy Zotov

Jun 10, 2016, 4:43:33 PM6/10/16
to masstransit-discuss
At least as I see the error it is raised by rabbitMQ client version "RabbitMQ.Client" version="3.6.2"

Chris Patterson

Jun 10, 2016, 6:39:38 PM6/10/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
This is a bug in the RabbitMQ client. Should be fixed when they release 3.6.3

__
Chris Patterson