Using Assembly name instead of ProcessName in default exchange/queue names when using .net core

Ben Castelow

Sep 19, 2017, 5:50:54 PM9/19/17
to masstransit-discuss
Hi there,

The GetTemporaryQueueName() method in RabbitMqAddressExtensions uses the ProcessName when building up the unique Queue name.  ProcessName for .net core 2 returns "dotnet" so it's hard to differentiate different programs connected to RabbitMQ.

Are there any plans to use the Assembly name instead for .net core or to have an optional configuration setting so you can choose to use Assembly name instead of Process name, i.e. cfg.UseAssemblyNameAsDefaultBusEndpointQueueName()

I can make a pull request, but wanted to check if there's a reason for using the process name instead of assembly?  I'm using the OverrideDefaultBusEndpointQueueName() method in the meantime so I can differentiate exchanges in RabbitMQ.

Example Exchanges below (server name blurred out)...

Cheers,

Ben

Chris Patterson

Sep 19, 2017, 5:57:55 PM9/19/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I'd be okay with the change, assuming it can be made easily and works with both versions. My guess is the name will typically be the same.

Ben Castelow

Sep 19, 2017, 6:29:06 PM9/19/17
to masstransit-discuss
Good to know...and thanks for the quick reply.  Really impressed with MassTransit :)

I'll create a pull request soon.