Recommended approach for scheduling in MassTransit 3

sonst...@googlemail.com

Mar 17, 2017, 6:49:02 AM3/17/17
to masstransit-discuss
After reading http://masstransit-project.com/MassTransit/usage/scheduling/ I assumed that I should use MassTransit.QuartzService.
However, https://github.com/MassTransit/MassTransit-Quartz notes:

Quartz Integration for MassTransit v2 (built into MassTransit v3)

What is the recommended approach for v3?

I downloaded MassTransit.QuartzService from GitHub, opened it in Visual Studio, set MassTransit.QuartzService as startup project and started it.
That works.
(I added the SolutionVersion.cs manually in the root directory of the solution.)

I would prefer it to not set up a separate service for MassTransit.QuartzService, but use it in the same process as
my MassTransit application, but still leveraging the Quartz persistence.

Alexey Zimarev

Mar 18, 2017, 5:13:38 AM3/18/17
to masstransit-discuss
As the  https://github.com/MassTransit/MassTransit-Quartz mentions, this is the scheduling service for MT v2.

If you want in-process scheduling, you can use in-memory scheduler as described here http://masstransit-project.com/MassTransit/usage/scheduling/in-memory.html

sonst...@googlemail.com

Mar 18, 2017, 5:16:43 AM3/18/17
to masstransit-discuss
Thanks for you reply.

If you want in-process scheduling, you can use in-memory scheduler as described here http://masstransit-project.com/MassTransit/usage/scheduling/in-memory.html

What to do if I want in-process scheduling, but not in-memory, i.e., it should be persisted?
Is there any support built into MassTransit or should I leverage usual Quartz' persistence mechanisms?
Any example for using Quartz' persistence together with MassTransit?

Chris Patterson

Mar 18, 2017, 9:27:38 AM3/18/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Simple answer: https://github.com/MassTransit/MassTransit/tree/develop/src/MassTransit.Host.Quartz

You can do the same thing in your project, just add a receive endpoint and configure the storage in the .config file.

Add to your own service, or run this one by itself. Either way, doesn't matter. Run multiple instances, Quartz knows how to cluster.

sonst...@googlemail.com

Mar 26, 2017, 12:22:40 PM3/26/17
to masstransit-discuss