Tracking processing activities issued from saga

Alex Wheat

Oct 14, 2017, 10:38:15 PM10/14/17
to masstransit-discuss
I'm currently working on professing different type of documents that described different sagas.

Every workflow contains several steps (calling separate micro services) that may be run in parallel or sync modes. For the visualization purposes I would like to collect the information when processing steps are started, what was a result (either success or fault) and duration.

So, I was curious are there already existing patterns how to do this properly?

Right now I'm planning to publish message every time when I initiate the next processing step and when I accept response from the service that was responsible for the processing. I have a feeling that it's not quite optimal and I should try to use middlewares here, but have no idea how :)

It would be much appreciated if you could point me to the right direction again! :)