masstransit quartz scheduling messages persisting in database

Shwetabh Garg

Aug 4, 2015, 3:48:46 AM8/4/15
to masstransit-discuss
Hi,

I am using mass transit, and I want to schedule publishing my message for a later time, so I stumbled across Quartz. This works fine for me by keeping the message in memory, but I want to persist the messages in a database. However, I do not have SQL database, I am using Cassandra. I took a quick peek at Quartz Integration, and it seems that it offers only SQL and SQL lite as the options.

Can anybody please tell me how to configure Quartz with my data provider so that messages can be persisted in the database of my choice?

Thank you,
Shwetabh

Chris Patterson

Aug 4, 2015, 11:05:05 AM8/4/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
There is Quartz integration for scheduling messages using MassTransit, it's in the MassTransit.QuartzIntegration package. There is also a service that is standalone, but you can just include the code in your service if you like to ease your hosting.

However, you need to store the data in a non-SQL database. I know this is possible, there are blog posts showing how to use Azure Table Storage - so Cassandra shouldn't be too difficult.

Shwetabh Garg

Aug 4, 2015, 11:18:57 AM8/4/15
to masstransit-discuss
Thank you for your reply.
Can you please give my any links that show how to use Quartz Integration using any non SQL database for storing the messages.

When I try to use MassTransit.QuartzIntegration, the config file has settings like this:

<add key="quartz.jobStore.dataSource" value="myDS" />
 <add key="quartz.dataSource.myDS.connectionString" value="myConnectionString" />
 <add key="quartz.dataSource.myDS.provider" value="SqlServer-20" />

How to use it with DS provider as Cassandra?

Chris Patterson

Aug 4, 2015, 11:23:33 AM8/4/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure this is the place to ask, you're asking specifically about Quartz, and beyond the supported storage systems I really can't be much help.

This is the article on using Azure Table Storage.

I don't know if a similar article exists for Cassandra, sorry.

Shwetabh Garg

Aug 4, 2015, 11:46:50 AM8/4/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Got it. I now understand where to look.
Thank you for your reply, you have been quite helpful.

--

" Great God, I ask thee for no meaner pelf
   Than that I may not disappoint myself

                    -  Henry David Thoreau