Network Key not separating Requests between Servers

Daring Tang

Jun 27, 2016, 11:23:05 AM6/27/16
to masstransit-discuss
Hello,

I'm running MASSTRANSIT 2.9.5 with MSMQ. on Window 2008 Servers.

Currently, I have two deployments: one on a dev test server and the other on a UAT server.  They're configured to use MSMQ.  Messages are conveyed via a subscription service.  The Masstransit Runtime Serivces are installed on each of the aforementioned servers and has their own SQL database repectively.  Since I didn't want the two environments share messages, I'm using Network Keys to separate the two instances.  In other words, each service has its own network key.

Below are the basic configurations:

Dev_test_server configuration:
Subscription Service uri: "msmq://dev_test_server/mt_subscriptions"
ReceiveFrom uri: "msmq://dev_test_server/some_message_service_queue"
Network Key: dev_test_server

Uat_test_server configuration:
Subscription Service uri: "msmq://uat_test_server/mt_subscriptions"
ReceiveFrom uri: "msmq://uat_test_server/some_message_service_queue"
Network Key: uat_test_server

However, the messages send to the dev test instance, are also being received and processed by service on the UAT server.

What do I need to do differently to prevent the messages crossing between the two servers?

PS.: I am aware of version and the Rabbit MQ option but we're not ready to upgrade yet!

Thanks any pointers!