MassTransit.Host Project

Shibu

Dec 2, 2015, 5:45:25 PM12/2/15
to masstransit-discuss
Greetings there,

Just starting with MT 3.x version. While going through the code base came across the Project MassTransit.Host. There were no examples or nothing mentioned in the doc about its usage. Any one has a sample application detailing the right usage.

Also I have some questions on the same topic.

1) Should I start with a regular Topshelf based windows service for the Pub/Sub application?
2) Or The MassTransit.Host gives a higher level abstraction to start the services.

Any examples or references to the right usage is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Patterson

Dec 2, 2015, 7:03:42 PM12/2/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It isn't really documented yet, the edge requirements and such are not there, but it does work and is usable and will improve in terms of documentation and support over time.

It's the go-forward replacement to easy hosting consumers, endpoints, services, etc. without having to deal with it repeatedly.

You can technical start with either one, but updates to the host are going to be slow over the next month with a minor update coming in .16 shortly.

Andrew Backes