New feature for Masstransit.Host: Calling an external process before starting the bus

Kiran

Oct 14, 2016, 9:33:00 AM10/14/16
to masstransit-discuss
For our WCF services we have a generic host which checks and downloads newly deployed dlls. Once downloaded it hosts the WCF services as specified in the configuration file. With this setup all we have to do is just restart the service and the deployment is completed without any manual intervention. We have and are in process of switching most of our workflows to Masstransit. Consumers are hosted in Masstransit.host. For deploying new/updated consumers we have to stop the service, run a executable which downloads the latest changes for the consumers and then manuall start the service. If Masstransit.Host could make a call to an external executable before starting the bus, our deployment would be much easier.

Thanks