MT3 Logging

Christos Delivorias

May 5, 2015, 11:15:56 AM5/5/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if you have any guidance on how to activate Log4Net logging in MT3. the docs are incomplete for MT3 (http://masstransit.readthedocs.org/en/mt3/overview/logging.html), and I'd like to understand how logging works in the new API.
Can you shed a little light into the UseLog() method and how to filter the pipeline with Lo4NetLog-ing?

Thanks a bunch,
Christos

Chris Patterson

May 5, 2015, 12:04:54 PM5/5/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It should be identical to how it was configured using previous version of MT, nothing was changed in that area of the codebase.

In my case, I use Log4Net, and I always configure my services (using Topshelf) as shown:

And then, I configure MassTransit to use Log4Net as well, with the UseLog4Net() extension.

Christos Delivorias

May 6, 2015, 6:06:56 AM5/6/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I guess (doh) is appropriate!
Intellisense wasn't popping it up as an option, and I thought something might've changed in the MT3 API.
I have got it working now.