Intercepting published messages

Tommy Jakobsen

May 6, 2015, 8:12:01 AM5/6/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

By connecting a receive observer on the bus (MT3) using IBusControl.ConnectReceiveObserver, I'm able to intercept received and consumed messages.
However, I've been unable to find a way to intercept published/send messages. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Chris Patterson

May 6, 2015, 10:30:32 AM5/6/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
So, the tests for the send observer are here:

Where one can connect to an endpoint to observer sends. I'm not sure if there is a connect at the bus level yet, for either any endpoint, or for publishing. It makes sense that an IPublishObserver would be on the list of things to create.

Tommy Jakobsen

May 6, 2015, 3:52:19 PM5/6/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It would be useful with an IPublishObserver to follow the same pattern as when connecting receive observers.
I'm unsure how it could be done (any ideas?), but I might look into it and open an issue with this feature request.

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Tommy Jakobsen <to...@holmjakobsen.dk> wrote:
Hi,

By connecting a receive observer on the bus (MT3) using IBusControl.ConnectReceiveObserver, I'm able to intercept received and consumed messages.
However, I've been unable to find a way to intercept published/send messages. Is it possible?

Thank you.

Chris Patterson

Tommy Jakobsen

Tommy Jakobsen

May 7, 2015, 1:58:11 AM5/7/15
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
I've opened a issue to track what we talked about:
https://github.com/MassTransit/MassTransit/issues/286