Moving to error queue is so slow

Дмитрий Ушенко

Apr 26, 2017, 11:18:46 AM4/26/17
to masstransit-discuss
Hello, Chris!
I just observed that moving error messages to the error queue is really slow! Here is my screenshot

But in normal circumstances the messages from the queue consumed with 200+ messages per second. Is this normal behavior or something is broken? Do you have any performance tests regarding this?

Дмитрий Ушенко

Apr 26, 2017, 12:31:34 PM4/26/17
to masstransit-discuss
But in normal circumstances
In normal conditions of cource, not circumstances. Just mixed up words ))

Chris Patterson

Apr 26, 2017, 10:37:15 PM4/26/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
Well, if it's moving to the error queue, your consumer is faulting in some way, perhaps you should see what the error is and what delay it's causing?

Дмитрий Ушенко

Apr 27, 2017, 5:33:21 AM4/27/17
to masstransit-discuss
Yes, I know exactly what causing these failures. And it was my second question ))
Fault message is "The Start event is not handled during the SomeIntermidiate state for the MyWorkflow state machine".
The initial message (Start) was correlated with the saga instance which is in some intermidiate state. For me this is correct behavior. In this case I just want to discard that initial message without moving it to any queue. But I don't know how to do that.
May you provide me with the solution to this?

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Дмитрий Ушенко <ushenko...@gmail.com> wrote:
But in normal circumstances
In normal conditions of cource, not circumstances. Just mixed up words ))

среда, 26 апреля 2017 г., 18:18:46 UTC+3 пользователь Дмитрий Ушенко написал:
Hello, Chris!
I just observed that moving error messages to the error queue is really slow! Here is my screenshot

But in normal circumstances the messages from the queue consumed with 200+ messages per second. Is this normal behavior or something is broken? Do you have any performance tests regarding this?

Chris Patterson

Apr 27, 2017, 10:40:42 AM4/27/17
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
During(SomeIntermediateState,
    When(Start).Ignore());

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 2:33 AM, Дмитрий Ушенко <ushenko...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Дмитрий Ушенко

Chris Patterson

Дмитрий Ушенко

Apr 28, 2017, 3:29:55 AM4/28/17
to masstransit-discuss
Thanks for the link. This is what I exactly need.

Alexey Zimarev

May 5, 2017, 3:23:16 PM5/5/17
to masstransit-discuss