Turnout with RabbitMQ Production Ready?

Adam Drees

Aug 9, 2016, 5:44:27 PM8/9/16
to masstransit-discuss
Hello,

I'm doing some research for my team on long running operations. I've read through the previous discussions but it sounds like this feature has relatively little development in it. I'm just wondering if Turnout is production ready with RabbitMQ or is it still something on your list to look at into the future to make it air tight. I understand if this is not a high priority for the team, just trying to get a feel for how successful the dev team has been with it, or any one who has used it in there solutions before.

Chris Patterson

Aug 9, 2016, 6:19:55 PM8/9/16
to masstrans...@googlegroups.com
It was built to meet a need with Azure, but it is sort of unfinished. There aren't enough supporting events and monitoring endpoints to make it fully viable yet. As such, it's still a work in progress.

If you can deal with the shortcomings, it's a good way to kick off a Task from a consumer and let it run, but it's not perfect yet.