Reactive (Rx) system over MassTransit

Tim Thompson

Sep 14, 2016, 8:27:22 PM9/14/16
to masstransit-discuss
G'day all,

I've just started some prototype work involving some CEP type work over MT.

I've pulled in MassTransit.Reactive, but the RabbitMQ exchange routing for the messages I'm observing don't get set up, so no messages for me :(

While working on that I've created my own IObservable per the docco at http://docs.masstransit-project.com/en/latest/usage/consumer.html#connecting-a-message-consumer and that's receiving messages fine :thumbsup:

My real question is about how best to structure this work... We're observing status messages coming out of a variety of systems and are hoping to create 'alerts' we can trigger when required and combining timeouts, delays, multiple streams of information etc.  I'm trying to determine whether I'm going to get into trouble by having multiple observers for a single message type, or if I should attach one observer per event, and 'forward' those events as their own observable to multiple Alert observers?  Does MT3 support multiple consumers of the one message type on the one bus?

Any info welcome, this Observer/event composition stuff is all very new to me!

Cheers,
Tim